Library is the heart of the college. The college has a very huge library. The Library is enriched with various types of collections. The library is a treasure house of knowledge comprises ever growing collection of 40093 books. All these valuable resources are well organized in the 7371 sq. ft. area, where more than 65 users and 15 teachers can sit at a time and they are monitored by CCTV Camera. The College library is computerized. Internet facility is available in the library. The library makes a display of new arrivals and contents are also supplied to the readers on demand. Apart from the above facilities, the library also offers an inter-library loan facility through tie- ups with other college libraries in the city. The Study Room for Students and Staff is available separately. The Study Room is open 24 hours for students.
Vision and Mission
The goals of the library instructional programs are dedicated to helping fulfil the college mission, vision and goals by making highly effective, indispensable contribution to the empowerment of students, through providing excellent research resources and instruction for their information needs and the information need of the college community. Library programs involve the convergence of academic information and research needs of all program area, making it a truly global community and resource.
- We recognize users as our primary focus.
- We are innovative and proactive.
- We support self-education, learning, research and scholarship.
- We foster cooperation by sharing resources via local, national, and international networks.
- We promote equity of access to information.
- We value diversity.
- We respect user privacy.
- We defend intellectual freedom.
- We develop our human resources and support continuous professional development.
- We aspire to be a flexible and experimental organization that encourages innovation and staff collaboration.
||The Central Library houses all the major Reference, Text Books, Journals, Magazines, periodical
||The Core Library operates in separate departments and student can Issue books from there too.
||Dewey Decimal 19 Edition
- Library Software – Lib-Man Cloud based
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Internet Facility for all students & Staff
- CCTV (Closed Circuit Television System)
- Reprographic Service under in Campus Aria
|Reference, Periodical, Staff & Girls Reading Room Section
- Pest Controlling for Books Preservation
- CCTV Coverage
- Electrical Maintenance (Main Switch Control)
|Periodical Display stand
- Entry to the library is restricted to the bonafide members on production of valid Identity Card /Library Card /Visitor’s Pass at the security check point.
- Only books from general collection are issued to the library members.
- The documents like reference books, bound volumes of journals, loose issue of current journals, reports and standards are issued only to the Faculty, Scientists and PG / Research Students for different loan periods. Interested users can obtain details from the Circulation Counter.
- The books which are already issued, can be claimed / reserved at the issue counter.
- The users are not allowed to bring the books issued to them inside the library unless they intend to return them.
- The borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misconduct by any user.
- The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures, etc., while borrowing the book.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the reader.
- No outside student from any other college is allowed without proper authorization from the respective principals.
- The rules for replacement & fine calculation of lost book are available at the Circulation Counter.
- General etiquettes are expected from every member of information unit and clientele; as such Singing, Loud Speaking, Shouting, Spitting, Sleeping, Smoking, etc are strictly prohibited.
- The documents, which are lost by the borrower, need to be reported and replaced with recent edition of the same. If he/she unable to avail the same copy, will be fined as decided by librarian on behalf of the library committee.